1955: Established by the Eastern Nigerian Development Corporation (ENDC) and managed by them until 1969.
1960: planting of 971 ha of oil palm at Elele Estate.
1969 to 1974: Operated by the Rivers State Development Corporation (RSDC).
1974 to 1975: Operated by the Agricultural Production and Marketing Corporation (APMC).
1975 to 2011: Operated by the Rivers State of Nigerian Palm (RISONPALM). Planting from 1978 to 1990 by SOCFINCO with financial assistance from the World Bank. Poor management of the estates later led to its closure.
1978 to 1985: 9,490 ha of oil palm planted at Ubima Estate.
1985 to 1991: 4,511 ha of oil palm planted at Elele Estate.
2011: SIAT Nigeria Limited acquired the moribund Risonpalm and began operations at Ubima and Elele
There is full integration of the company’s operation with plantations, palm oil mill, palm kernel crushing plant.